The project has two organizational partners in Mexico:
- National Program for the Prevention and Control of Vector-borne Diseases, Secretary of Health
- Center for Atmospheric Sciences, UNAM National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico.
Two key contacts with the UNAM Center for Atmospheric Sciences are:
Dr. Víctor Magaña, the leading CRN researcher in Mexico on Climate Variability and its Impact on the Mexican, Central American and Caribbean Regions; and Dr. Carlos Gay, researcher and director of the Network of Researchers on Climate Change in Mexico.
Other collaborators and contacts in Mexico are:
- National Meteorological Service
- National Commission of Water
- Mexican Institute of Water Technology
- State authorities in the states selected for undertaking the study at the regional level
- Luis Miguel Morales Manilla, geographer and M.Sc. head of the Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems Laboratory at the National Autonomous University of Mexico's Institute of Geography
- Dirección General de Epidemiología, Secretary of Health (SSA)
- Head Office of Analysis and Dissemination of Health Information,
The project has fostered the development of a network of exchange of
information related to public health, epidemiology and meteorology/climatology.